Chris Raaber (born September 5, 1981) is an Austrian professional wrestler, better known by his ring name Bambikiller (occasionally spelled Bambi Killer), He runs his own promotion European Wrestling Association.
Raaber is a six time world champion having won the (Zero1) World Heavyweight Championship once, the wXw World Heavyweight Championship once and the EWA World Heavyweight Championship four times.
Professional wrestling career[edit | edit source]
Throughout Raaber's career, he has toured Japan on several occasions under the name Bambikiller for the most part. Raaber debuted for Pro Wrestling Zero1 in summer 2005 when he participated in the Fire Festival and gained four points, not enough for advancement. In 2006, Raaber became a representative member for an interpromotional company called Global Professional Wrestling Alliance which is run by the founder Mitsuharu Misawa and joined along with other wrestling organizations. On October 27, 2006, he lost the EWA World Heavyweight Championship to Takao Omori but would regain it on November 11. In October 2008, he participated in the Continent Confrontation Tournament. On July 11, 2010, Raaber defeated Kohei Sato to become the World Heavyweight Champion and would lose the title on September 9, 2010 to Daisuke Sekimoto. In 2012, Raaber participated in that years Real World Tag League, paired with Franz Dynamite and only managed to win one match. In November 2013, Bambi Killer came together with D'Lo Brown and Kenso to form the DK (Dark Kingdom) stable. Bambikiller faced New Japan Pro Wrestling star Hiroshi Tanahashi at GL1 Gloucester Leisure Centre Oct 4th in England for Superstars Of Wrestling.
In wrestling[edit | edit source]
- Finishing moves
- Bambikiller (when competing under his real name)
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Raab is married and has a daughter and a son, since November 2008 he run his own gym in his home town of Leoben that is attached to his wrestling school called Catch Wrestling dojo. His biggest influence growing up was Otto Wanz
Championships and accomplishments[edit | edit source]
- Athletik Club Wrestling
- ACW International Championship (2 times)
- European Wrestling Association
- Funking Conservatory
- FC International Championship (1 time)
- Independent Wrestling World
- WFU Rookie Championship Trophy
- Italian Championship Wrestling
- ICW Italian Championship (1 time)
- Pro Wrestling Zero1
- Qatar Pro Wrestling
- QPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- westside Xtreme wrestling
References[edit | edit source]
- Christoph Herzog . Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved on 2013-10-04.
- ja:「王道トーナメント ～2013オープン選手権～」 (in Japanese). All Japan Pro Wrestling. Archived from the original on 2013-10-12. Retrieved on 2013-09-11.
- EWA World Heavyweight Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database . Cagematch.net. Retrieved on 2013-10-04.
- Titles « Bambikiller « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database . Cagematch.net. Retrieved on 2013-10-04.
- Bambikiller profile . Cagematch. Retrieved on 2013-04-23.
- de:Chris Raaber#cite note-wwf-2
- EWC Intercontinental Championship « Titles Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database . Cagematch.net. Retrieved on 2013-10-04.
- Chris the Bambikiller Tournament history . Cagematch. Retrieved on 2013-04-23.
- Title history . Wrestling data. Retrieved on 2013-04-23.