|Promotion||New Japan Pro Wrestling|
|Date||October 13, 2008|
Destruction '08 was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) promoted by New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on October 13, 2008, in Tokyo, at Ryōgoku Kokugikan. The event featured nine matches (including one dark match), three of which were contested for championships. All Japan Pro Wrestling representatives Hiroshi Yamato, Kai and Satoshi Kojima, as well as the reigning IWGP Heavyweight Champion Keiji Mutoh, took part in the event as outsiders. It was the second event under the Destruction name.
Destruction '08 featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
EventEditDuring the event, No Limit (Tetsuya Naito and Yujiro) won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship for the first time by defeating Prince Prince (Minoru and Prince Devitt), while Pro Wrestling Zero1's Masato Tanaka lost the World Heavyweight Championship to Yuji Nagata, ending his year-long reign. In the main event, Keiji Mutoh made his fourth successful defense of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Destruction'08 (in Japanese). New Japan Pro Wrestling. Retrieved on 2013-10-18.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 新日本プロレス「Destruction'08」 (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo! (2008-10-13). Archived from the original on 2008-10-15. Retrieved on 2013-10-18.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Destruction 2008 . Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved on 2015-08-14.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 ja:新日本プロレス「Destruction'08」 (in Japanese). Nikkan Sports (2008-10-13). Archived from the original on 2008-10-15. Retrieved on 2016-07-05.
- ↑ Grabianowski, Ed. How Pro Wrestling Works . HowStuffWorks, Inc.. Discovery Communications. Retrieved on 2014-09-13.