Destruction (2012) was a pay-per-view (PPV) promoted by New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). The event took place on September 23, 2012, in Kobe, Hyōgo, at the Kobe World Memorial Hall. The event featured nine matches, two of which were contested for championships. It was the sixth event under the Destruction name.
Destruction featured nine professional wrestling matches that involved different wrestlers from pre-existing scripted feuds and storylines. Wrestlers portrayed villains, heroes, or less distinguishable characters in the scripted events that built tension and culminated in a wrestling match or series of matches.
The event featured the professional wrestling return match of both Katsuyori Shibata and Kazushi Sakuraba, two longtime mixed martial artists, who defeated Hiromu Takahashi and Wataru Inoue. The event also featured outside participation from freelancer Daisuke Sasaki, Kaientai Dojo representative Kengo Mashimo and Pro Wrestling NOAH representative Naomichi Marufuji, who unsuccessfully challenged Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship in the main event. During the event, Kota Ibushi successfully defended the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship against Ryusuke Taguchi.
- NJPW 40th anniversary Destruction (in Japanese). New Japan Pro Wrestling. Retrieved on 2013-10-18.
- 新日本プロレス「Destruction」 (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo! (2012-09-23). Archived from the original on 2012-09-26. Retrieved on 2013-10-18.
- Destruction 2012 . Pro Wrestling History. Retrieved on 2015-08-14.
- Grabianowski, Ed. How Pro Wrestling Works . HowStuffWorks, Inc.. Discovery Communications. Retrieved on 2014-09-13.
- Dark Angelita 2012-09-23. NJPW: Resultados “NJPW 40th Anniversary – Destruction” 23/09/2012 (in Spanish). Superluchas. Retrieved on 2016-07-05.