Konosuke Takeshita (竹下 幸之介 Takeshita Kōnosuke, born May 29, 1995) is a Japanese professional wrestler, who has worked for DDT Pro-Wrestling (DDT) since his debut in August 2012. Dubbed the "Future of DDT", Takeshita was named the Rookie of the Year by Tokyo Sports in 2013. He is the youngest KO-D Openweight Champion in history, having won the title on his 21st birthday, and also his the longest reigning KO-D Openweigth Champion at 405 days and also hold's the record for most sucessfull title defenses with eleven. Takeshita has also held the KO-D Tag Team Championship, the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship and the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship.
Professional wrestling career
DDT Pro-Wrestling (2011–present)
A fan of pro-wrestling in his youth, Takeshita became an early fan of American wrestling in the mid-2000’s. This would lead him to even joining an amateur class in Osaka as he was taught by several Osaka Pro wrestlers namely Atsushi Maruyama and HUB. He would send a letter to Sanshiro Takagi of DDT which he would get accepted once he was in high school. He would then make his debut while he was still a senior in high school at the age of 17 and Takeshita, with a sports background in track and field, began training for a career in professional wrestling in 2011 with the DDT Pro-Wrestling promotion. On April 1, 2012, DDT announced that Takeshita would be debuting for the promotion on August 18 in Tokyo's Nippon Budokan. Prior to his debut match, Takeshita took part in exhibition matches. During one of these matches on August 4, Takeshita scored an upset win over Hiroshi Fukuda, winning the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship in the process. The title had a 24/7 rule, where it could be won anytime and anywhere. As Takeshita was being congratulated by DDT general manager Amon Tsurumi for winning his first match before his debut, Fukuda hit him with a low blow and then pinned him to regain the title.
On August 18, 2012, Takeshita was defeated by El Generico in his official debut match. On November 25, Takeshita pinned Poison Sawada Julie in his retirement match, a six-man tag team match. At the end of 2013, Tokyo Sports named Takeshita Japanese professional wrestling's Rookie of the Year, with him becoming the first wrestler still in high school to win the award. He also finished second in Wrestling Observer Newsletter's award category for Rookie of the Year, losing to Yohei Komatsu by four votes (906–902).
On January 26, 2014, Takeshita received his first-ever shot at one of the King of DDT (KO-D) titles, when he and Tetsuya Endo challenged for the KO-D Tag Team Championship in a three-way match, which was won by the Golden☆Lovers (Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi) and also included Isami Kodaka and Yuko Miyamoto. On May 6, Takeshita came together with Antonio Honda to form the "Happy Motel" stable. The two were eventually joined by Tetsuya Endo, with whom they went on to win the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship by defeating Shuten-dōji (Kudo, Masa Takanashi and Yukio Sakaguchi) on July 13. They lost the title back to Shuten-dōji seven days later.
On August 17, Takeshita took part in a high-profile interpromotional match, when he was defeated by New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) representative Hiroshi Tanahashi at DDT's annual Ryōgoku Kokugikan event. On September 28, Takeshita and Endo defeated Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi to win the KO-D Tag Team Championship for the first time. Afterwards, Omega dubbed Takeshita the "Future of DDT". Takeshita and Endo went on to lose the title to Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi on February 15, 2015. The following June, Takeshita made it to the finals of the 2015 King of DDT tournament, but was defeated there by Yukio Sakaguchi. On December 23, Takeshita and Endo defeated Shigehiro Irie and Yuji Okabayashi in the finals of a tournament to regain the vacant KO-D Tag Team Championship.
With Kudo sidelined with an injury and Kota Ibushi announcing his resignation from DDT, Takeshita was poised to take a larger role in the promotion. On January 3, 2016, he received his first shot at DDT's top title, the KO-D Openweight Championship, but was defeated by the defending champion, Isami Kodaka. On March 21, Takeshita and Endo lost the KO-D Tag Team Championship to Daisuke Sasaki and Shuji Ishikawa. On May 29, his 21st birthday, Takeshita defeated Daisuke Sasaki to win the KO-D Openweight Championship for the first time. With the win, Takeshita became the youngest KO-D Openweight Champion in history, beating the previous record held by Nosawa Rongai by three years and six months. On June 15, Takeshita made his debut for All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW), teaming with Tetsuya Endo in a tag team match, where they defeated Jun Akiyama and Yuma Aoyagi. On July 17, Takeshita successfully defended the KO-D Openweight Championship against his tag team partner Tetsuya Endo. After the match, Endo turned on Takeshita and joined Daisuke Sasaki's Damnation stable. After three successful title defenses, Takeshita lost the KO-D Openweight Championship to Shuji Ishikawa on August 28 at DDT's biggest event of the year, Ryōgoku Peter Pan 2016. On December 4, Takeshita and Mike Bailey defeated Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo to win the KO-D Tag Team Championship. They lost the title to Masakatsu Funaki and Yukio Sakaguchi in their second defense on January 9, 2017.
On January 29, Takeshita defeated Kudo in the finals of a tournament to become the number one contender to the KO-D Openweight Championship. On March 20 at DDT's 20th anniversary event, Takeshita defeated HARASHIMA to win the KO-D Openweight Championship for the second time. The following month, Takeshita and Akito formed a new tag team named "All Out". On August 20 at the 2017 Ryōgoku Peter Pan show, Takeshita made his seventh successful defense of the KO-D Openweight Championship against 2017 King of DDT winner Tetsuya Endo. On October 22, Takeshita set a new record for most successful defenses of the KO-D Openweight Championship by making his ninth defense against Danshoku Dino. On November 2, Takeshita became a double champion, when he and his All Out stablemates Akito and Diego defeated Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie and Shuji Ishikawa) to win the vacant KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship. On November 28 Takeshita alongside Yuki Ueno represented DDT at the 2017 Differ Cup defeating FREEDOMS Tomoya Hirata and Jun Kasai in the first round. At the finals Takeshita and Ueno defeated NOAH's Katsuhiko Nakajima and Hitoshi Kumano to win the tournament. On December 10, All Out lost the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship to Shuten-dōji. Two days later, Takeshita became the longest-reigning KO-D Openweight Champion in history by breaking the previous record of 266 days, held by HARASHIMA. After eleven successful title defenses, Takeshita lost the KO-D Openweight Championship to Shigehiro Irie on April 29 at Max Bump, ending his 405 days as KO-D Openweight Champion. On June 24 Takeshita and Akito with their newest member of All Out Shunma Katsumata defeated Ueno, Kota Umeda and Koju Takeda to win KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship. All Out voluntarily vacated the titles on August 1 due to Takeshita being sidelined with a shoulder injury, forcing him to miss the King of DDT tournament. Takeshita made his return match on November 11 teaming with All Out stablemates Akito and Yuki Iino in a winning effort against Damnation (Mad Paulie, Nobuhiro Shimatani and Tetsuya Endo). From November 30 until December 15, Takeshita took part in the 2019 D-Oh Grand Prix, where he won his block with a record of four wins and two losses, advancing to the finals of the tournament. During the tournament, Takeshita also won the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship for the fourth time. On September 30, Takeshita defeated Go Shiozaki in the finals to win the D-Oh Grand Prix. On January 3, Takeshita and his All Out Akito and Yuki Iino defeated Strong Hearts (CIMA, Duan Yingnan and T-Hawk) to win the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship. On February 17, 2019 Takeshita defeated Sasaki again to win the KO-D Openwieght Championship thus becoming a double crown champion again in the process. On March 21, they lost the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Champions to Meiko Satomura, Chihiro Hashimoto and Dash Chisako. On April 5, 2019 Takeshita lost the title to Daisuke Sasaki thus ending his double crown reign in the process. On July 15, Takeshita defeated Tetsuya Endo to win the KO-D Openweight Championship. He would lose the title to HARASHIMA on November 3. In March 2021, Takeshita disbanded All Out with their last match being on March 12 with Takeshita and Akito losing to Katsumata and Iino in their last event as a unit. In May, Takeshita and Katsumata took part in the 2021 Ultimate Tag League, finishing the tournament with a record of two wins, two losses and one draw, advancing to finals of the tournament. On May 27, Takeshita and Katsumata defeated DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki and Yuji Hino) in the finals to win the 2021 Ultimate Tag League. On June 26, Takeshita and Katsumata defeated Smille Pissari (HARASHIMA and Yuji Okabayashi) to win the KO-D Tag Team Championships. On August 21, at Wrestle Peter Pan Takeshita defeated Jun Akiyama to win the KO-D Openweight Championship for his fifth time and also becoming double champion in the process. On October 12, Takeshita and Katsumata lost the KO-D Tag Team Championships to Disaster Box (HARASHIMA and Naomi Yoshimura).
In February 2014, Takeshita was admitted into the Nippon Sport Science University. In June 2014, he signed with the Oscar talent agency. His hobbies include weightlifting and bodybuilding. Takeshita has stated that his goal was to take part in the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics as a decathlete.
- Finishing moves
- Brainbustaaahhhhh!!!! (Super brainbuster onto the top turnbuckle) – 2018–present
- Caballo 2020 (Sleeper hold camel clutch)
- Fable (Senton bomb from the second rope to a seated opponent)
- German suplex, sometimes while bridging or crossing the opponent's arms
- Komoritsui Otoshi (Super over-the-shoulder back-to-belly-piledriver onto the top turnbuckle)
- Surprise Rose (Armtrap wrist-clutch fisherman buster) – 2017–present
- Takeshita Special No. 1 (German Suplex followed by a prawn hold)
- Touchdown (Jumping cutter)
- Zahi (Running knee strike to an opponent's head, sometimes to a kneeling or seated opponent)
- Signature moves
- Big Boot
- Blue Thunder (Spin-out powerbomb)
- Javelin Kick (Missile dropkick)
- Muscular Bomb (Half nelson lifted and dropped into a wheelbarrow driver)
- Swinging Neckbreaker
- Vertical drop brainbuster
- Vertical Suplex
- Wall of Takeshita (Boston crab)
- Zero-Sen Kick (Leg lariat)
Championships and accomplishments
- DDT Pro-Wrestling
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (4 times)
- KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Antonio Honda and Tetsuya Endo (1), Akito and Diego (1), Akito and Shunma Katsumata (1) and Akito and Yuki Iino (1) and Yuki Iino and Shunma Katsumata (1)
- KO-D Openweight Championship (5 times, current)
- KO-D Tag Team Championship (4 times) – with Tetsuya Endo (2), Mike Bailey (1) and Shunma Katsumata (1)
- Differ Cup (2017) – with Yuki Ueno
- King of DDT (2019, 2021)
- D-Oh Grand Prix (2019)
- Ultimate Tag League (2021) – with Shunma Katsumata
- KO-D Openweight Championship Challenger Decision Tournament (2017)
- KO-D Tag Team Championship Tournament (2015) – with Tetsuya Endo
- Japan Indie Awards
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated
- PWI ranked him #192 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2017
- Tokyo Sports
- Rookie Award (2013)
- Toshikoshi Puroresu
- ja:【U・S・A日本公演『Sakabash at the Beach 2016』のまとめ】ヒロシが頂天の優勝賞金50万円を使って約3年ぶりに開催したU・S・Aにユニバースは酔いしれる！／練馬スティング、ジ・ニシナリテイカー、チンスケ・ナカムラまで登場したロイヤルランブルを制したのはノブライアン！ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2016-08-03). Retrieved on 2016-08-03.
- ja:【名古屋リポート】HarashimaがKudoを破り、KO-D無差別級王者に返り咲く／DDT初のアジアタッグ戦は石井&入江がV2達成／アイドルランバージャックマッチでしず風＆絆～Kizuna～が大暴れ…大石がExtreme級王座奪取!!／彰俊が漢タイツを装着し掟破りの男色ドライバー!!／佐々木がKing of DDT予選を突破 (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2014-05-25). Retrieved on 2017-01-24.
- ja:竹下幸之介 (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:竹下幸之介 (in Japanese). Oscar Promotion. Retrieved on 2017-09-10.
- ja:【4・1リポート①】ＤＤＴ戦略発表会2012 (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2012-04-01). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:【7・8リポート①】竹下の武道館デビュー戦の相手はジェネリコ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2012-07-08). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:【8・4リポート②】アイアンマンは竹下→福田→ニラへ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2012-08-04). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- Ironman Heavymetalweight Title . Wrestling-Titles.com. Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:DDTの15年の歴史は240分に収まらず、5年後は東京ドーム進出へ！飯伏はケニーとの文字通り"死闘"を制す！ (in Japanese). Battle News (2012-08-18). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:沢山の仲間に囲まれてポイズン澤田Julieが引退！蛇界転生の歴史に幕！Mikamiを下したジェネリコにケニーが挑戦表明 (in Japanese). Battle News (2012-11-25). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:【プロレス大賞】可能性は無限大！高校生レスラー竹下 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2013-12-10). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- Meltzer, Dave (January 27, 2014). "2013 Wrestling Observer Newsletter Awards". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, California: 23. ISSN 1083-9593.
- ja:飯伏が華麗にＫＯ―Ｄタッグ王座奪取 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2014-01-27). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:高校生レスラー竹下が不退転の大学受験 (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2014-01-27). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- 【DDT】HarashimavsケニーのKO-D無差別戦、6人タッグ王座戦、石森参戦 (in Japanese). Battle News (2014-07-20). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:棚橋 竹下に貫禄Ｖ (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2014-08-18). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:棚橋の貫録勝ち！１９歳竹下を退ける (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2014-08-18). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:竹下、遠藤組大金星！飯伏組破りＫＯ―Ｄタッグ王座奪取 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2014-09-29). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:ＫＯ―Ｄタッグは関本、岡林組が新王者 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2015-02-16). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:“荒鷲２世”坂口征夫が４１歳で初のシングルタイトル (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2015-06-29). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ】ＫＯ―Ｄタッグ王座奪取の竹下にエースの自覚 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2015-12-24). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:“ポスト飯伏”竹下幸之介 最年少戴冠への覚悟 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2016-05-18). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ】２１歳竹下が最年少ＫＯ―Ｄ王者に (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2016-05-30). Retrieved on 2016-05-30.
- ja:5･29 DDT後楽園大会 【KO-D無差別級】佐々木vs竹下 【KO-D6人タッグ】チームドリフvsスマイルスカッシュ 【Extreme級】ササダンゴvsLiLiCo (in Japanese). Battle News (2016-05-30). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- 5/29 DDT in Tokyo, Japan – Joey Ryan on-tour, Terry Funk returning to Japan, big main event title change . Pro Wrestling Torch (2016-05-29). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:6月15日(水)【2016 ダイナマイトシリーズ[開幕戦】 東京・後楽園ホール ［観衆］1227人] (in Japanese). All Japan Pro Wrestling (2016-06-15). Retrieved on 2016-07-09.
- Takagi, Hiromi 2016-06-16. ja:宮原が真霜を下し三冠Ｖ３ 次は秋山だ！ 岡林＆関本組が世界タッグ王座初戴冠 (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo!. Retrieved on 2016-07-09.
- ja:ＤＤＴ王者・竹下がＶ２、次期挑戦者に大鷲 ８・２８両国で世界Jr.王座戦決定 (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2016-07-17). Retrieved on 2016-07-17.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ後楽園】ＫＯ―Ｄ無差別級王者・竹下 ベルト守るも戦友失う (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2016-07-18). Retrieved on 2016-07-18.
- ja:日体大在学中の王者・竹下幸之介が王座陥落も「プロレスと五輪を同じレベルに」 (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2016-08-29). Retrieved on 2016-08-29.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ両国】ＫＯ－Ｄ新王者・石川 悲しき「ススキノ追放事件」 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2016-08-29). Retrieved on 2016-08-29.
- ja:大阪オクトパス2016～浪花節だよプロレスは～ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2016-12-04.
- ja:Road to Super Arena in Oyodo～ドラマティック・ドリーム・天六～ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2017-01-09.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ】竹下幸之介が３・２０さいたま大会メーン出場へ (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2017-01-30). Retrieved on 2017-01-30.
- ja:【試合結果】1･29 DDT後楽園ホール大会 【KO-D無差別級】Harashimavs佐々木大輔 【世界ジュニア】石井慧介vsヤス・ウラノ 高山善廣＆ディック東郷vs男色ディーノ＆大石真翔 (in Japanese). Battle News (2017-01-30). Retrieved on 2017-01-29.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ２０周年】２１歳・竹下幸之介がＫＯ‐Ｄ無差別級王座奪取 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2017-03-20). Retrieved on 2017-03-20.
- ja:【試合結果】3･20 DDTさいたまスーパーアリーナ大会 【KO-D】Harashimavs竹下 【Extreme】佐々木vs葛西 【KO-Dタッグ】船木＆坂口vs石川＆遠藤 【KO-D6人】樋口＆岩崎＆渡瀬vs高尾＆彰人＆ヤスvs大石＆勝俣＆Mao (in Japanese). Battle News (2017-03-20). Retrieved on 2017-03-20.
- ja:【記者会見】竹下＆彰人の新ユニット名は「All Out」（オールアウト）！ KO-Dタッグ挑戦、メンバー増員も視野に。「試合でも全部出し切る」（竹下）「昼も夜も全てにおいて全て出し切る（彰人） (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2017-04-26). Retrieved on 2017-05-06.
- ja:【ＤＤＴ】ＫＯ－Ｄ無差別級Ｖ７ 竹下「ＤＤＴに就職します」 (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2017-08-21). Retrieved on 2017-08-21.
- ja:【試合結果】8･20 DDT両国国技館大会 【KO-D無差別級】竹下幸之介vs遠藤哲哉 【KO-Dタッグ】入江茂弘＆樋口和貞vsHarashima＆丸藤正道 (in Japanese). Battle News (2017-08-21). Retrieved on 2017-08-20.
- ja:【試合結果】10･22 DDT後楽園ホール大会 【KO-D無差別級】竹下幸之介vs男色ディーノ 【DDT Extreme級】佐々木大輔vsHarashima 石井慧介vs諏訪魔 遠藤哲哉vs高梨将弘 (in Japanese). Battle News (2017-10-23). Retrieved on 2017-10-22.
- ja:新木場よ！私は帰ってきた！ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2017-11-02.
- ja:レスリングとんこつ2017 (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2017-12-10.
- ja:ＤＤＴ高校生レスラー竹下、日体大合格 (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2014-02-09). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:オスカー所属の飯伏に“美女タレントと熱愛指令” (in Japanese). Tokyo Sports (2014-06-11). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:日体大入学の竹下が早大陸上同好会入り (in Japanese). Daily Sports Online. Kobe Shimbun (2014-06-11). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:年越しプロレス12.31後楽園大会 大日本、DDT、K-Dojoから16チーム参加の年忘れ！三団体シャッフル・タッグトーナメント (in Japanese). Battle News (2016-01-01). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- Takagi, Hiromi 2014-09-28. ja:竹下組が飯伏組を破りKO-Dタッグ奪取 ディーノ、チームドリフがまさかの王座陥落 (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo!. Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:ドラマティック・ドリームズ！ Vol.3～花も花なれ 人も人なれ～ (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling. Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- ja:竹下がヤス・ウラノを下しKO-D王座V3に成功 7カ月ぶり復帰ササダンゴをみのるが手荒い祝福 (in Japanese). Sports Navi. Yahoo! (2017-05-29). Archived from the original on 2017-07-23. Retrieved on 2017-07-23.
- "Pro Wrestling Illustrated 500 – 2016: 272. Konosuke Takeshita". Pro Wrestling Illustrated. Blue Bell, Pennsylvania: Kappa Publishing Group: 51. December 2016. ISSN 1043-7576.
- ja:【後楽園リポート】トーナメント決勝戦は宮本裕向&木高イサミvs火野裕士&岡林裕二!!／インディー大賞MVPはHarashima／Takaのパートナーは小鹿 (in Japanese). DDT Pro-Wrestling (2014-12-31). Retrieved on 2016-05-29.
- Pro Wrestling Illustrated (PWI) 500 for 2017 . The Internet Wrestling Database. Retrieved on 2017-09-01.