|Akai in January 2019|
Saki Akai (赤井 沙希 Akai Saki) (born January 24, 1987) is a Japanese professional wrestler, actress and model currently signed to DDT Pro-Wrestling (DDT).
Professional wrestling careerEdit
Akai made her professional wrestling debut on June 1, 2011, teaming with Hikaru Shida facing Makoto and Tsukasa Fujimoto which ended in time limit draw. Two years later she went to DDT Pro-Wrestling (DDT) dojo where she was later announced that she would made her official debut DDT's biggest event Ryogoku Peter Pan on August 18, 2013 where she made her official debut teaming with her mentors Cherry and Masa Takanashi to defeat Shida and Hiroshi Fukuda and Yoshiko.
One year later she would later assign to DDT's sub-brand Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling (TJP) where she defeated Yuka Sazaki on April 5, 2014. After that she would wrestle in other promotions such as World Wonder Ring Stardom, OZ Academy and SEAdLINNNG. In 2017 she would later found heel unit named NEO Biishiki-gun alongside Martha and Yukio Saint Laurent where she would later add Azusa Christie and Yoshiko-sama as member. On February 3, 2018, Saki and Christie would later defeat Shoko Nakajima and Yuka Sakazaki to win Tokyo Princess Tag Team Championships. They would lose the titles to Marika Kobashi and Reika Saiki on May 3. Later in mid 2018 she would leave TJP to wrestle mainly in DDT where she won the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship eight times.
- Finishing moves
- Quetzalcoatl (Arm-trap Cobra Twist Crucifix Driver)
- Versailles Choke (Triangle Choke)
- Signature moves
- Big Boot, also to opponent in corner
- Corner Foot Choke
- Cross Armbreaker
- Diving Crossbody
- Drop Toe Hold, followed by Modified Figure-four Headscissors
- Dynamite Middle Kicks (Three Shoot Kicks to chest)
- Headscissors Whip
- Inazuma Leg Lariat
- Inverted Hurricanrana, followed by Lotus Lock
- Jumping Knee Drop
- Paradise Lock (Over-rotated Delfin Clutch)
- Penalty Kick, also from apron to opponent standing outside the ring
- Rose Thorn (Running single leg front dropkick to the face of a kneeling opponent while using their knee for leverage) - sometimes used as finisher
- Roundhouse Kick
- Soccerball Kick (Kick to back of sitting opponent)
- Two-Step Shoot Kick to opponent's chest
- "Saki Of Naniwa"
- Entrance themes
- "What You Waiting For?" by Gwen Stefani (used as Saki Akai)
- "Bara wa Utsukushiku Chiru" by Koji Makaino (used as Saki-sama)