Takaaki Kidani (木谷 高明 Kidani Takaaki, born June 6, 1960) is a Japanese businessman born in Kanazawa, Japan. He is the founder and president of the Bushiroad. Kidani has also served as the chairman of New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). He continues to be involved with NJPW through Bushiroad, which owns the company.
After Kidani graduated from Musashi University with a degree in economics, he worked at Yamaichi Securities. He handled American duties.
After the Establishment of BroccoliEdit
Kidani retired from Yamaichi Securities in 1994. In March 25 of the same year, he founded Broccoli as a startup company. At first, his business focused on event management, but from 1994 to 1998, he started Comic Castle for dōjinshi. In 1996, he established his first chain of retail stores Gamers. His company has its center focus on anime and video games. Their company performance increased after producing the anime series Di Gi Charat and his company was then listed on the JASDAQ Securities Exchange.
After the Establishment of BushiroadEdit
He founded Bushiroad in May 2007 as a company that produces card games and assumed the position of president. The origin of the name Bushiroad comes from the failure to make Neppu Kairiku Bushi Road into a film due to various reasons when he led the project in the days of Broccoli. The film was restarted in March 2013 with Kidani as the executive producer.
On October 2, 2017, Bushiroad announced that Kidani would be stepping down as the company's Representative Director on October 20 and joining its board of directors.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Promoter of the Year (2014)
- ↑ 木谷高明 初の著書「煽動者 ～徹底プロモーション 仕掛人の哲学～」 . Retrieved on 2014-08-01.
- ↑ 新日本プロレス木谷高明取締役会長が辞意を表明。「これからはブシロードグループとして外側からサポートして行く」 . Retrieved on 2017-01-19.
- ↑ 代表木谷の代表取締役退任について (in Japanese). Bushiroad (2017-10-02). Retrieved on 2017-10-04.
- ↑ Meltzer, Dave (January 26, 2015). "Jan. 26, 2015 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: 2014 awards issue w/ results & Dave’s commentary, Conor McGregor, and much more". Wrestling Observer Newsletter. Campbell, California: 33. ISSN 1083-9593.