Yoshiya Yamashita (山下 義也 Yamashita Yoshiya, born December 21, 1976) or simply Yoshiya (stylized in all capital letters) is a Japanese professional wrestler. He best known for his work with Kaientai Dojo.
Currently Yamashita works as judo therpsit in Japan.
Career[edit | edit source]
YOSHIYA debuted in IWA Japan, using his real name, Yoshiya Yamashita. After that he rename to his first name stylized in all capital letters. In 2001 he left the company and shortly thereafter he joined K-Dojo. YOSHIYA has always been a respected member of the company, but since he is one of the few wrestlers working for the promotion that has not been trained by Taka Michinoku, he has never been considered as the ace of the company. YOSHIYA also appered in New Japan Pro Wrestling as Makai 11 as part of the Makai Club unit. In 2007 YOSHIYA left the company for several months, returning in 2008 only as a part time wrestler. On December 6 YOSHIYA and Hardcore Kid Kojiro defeated Saburo Inematsu and PSYCHO to win the WEW Hardcore Tag Team Champions. They lost the titles to Brahaman Shu and Kei on May 5, 2009. In 2009 he formed a unit with Ryuchi Sekine and Yuu Yamagata named Yamashita Ikka but they would disband in 2010. On September 19, 2012 YOSHIYA and Kengo Mashimo would defeat Kamui and Mammoth Sasaki for the WEW Hardcore Tag belts but they would vacate the belts on October 14 due to YOSHIYA retring from professional wrestling.
In wrestling[edit | edit source]
- Finishing moves
- Under the Mountain (Chokebomb)
- Big boot
Championships and accomplishments[edit | edit source]
- Dramatic Dream Team / DDT Pro-Wrestling
- KO-D Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with GENTARO
- Kaientai Dojo
- WEW Hardcore Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Hido (1), Apple Miyuki (3) and MIYAWAKI (1), Hardcore Kid Kojiro (1) and Kengo Mashimo (1)
- UWA/UWF Intercontinental Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with GENTARO
- Strongest-K Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with MIYAWAKI
- Best Tag Team Match (2005) with Ryota Chizuken vs. KAZMA and Kengo Mashimo on May 15